Illustration Friday: Round

Staring at the wall (late last night), trying to think of something clever for 'Round' that didn't involve Santa, Santa's belly, a bowl full of jelly, Santa's nose or Rudolf's nose (Christmas is obviously on my mind...), I noticed I was actually staring at a framed lino cut print I did ages ago and funny enough, it was of the full moon and its very, very round glow! SO its now my contribution to Illo Friday this week. Basking in the moonlight, you can see me sitting under a tree, trying to get away from it all in the Blue Mountains, with the bright lights of the city (Sydney) far away in the background. When i lived in the city years ago I loved to go there and funny enough, its now pretty much where I live! I must have made a wish on a star...

'Thursday Night' - lino cut print (no. 2)
No idea why i called it Thursday Night - seems odd to be sitting under a tree, far away in the mountains, on a weekday night. Maybe it was just wishful thinking...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts