Illustration Friday: Sink

Sink –sinking down, down, down into the dark deep. Sketched by hand using black felt tip pen and then scanned onto the Mac. Background created using watercolours on watercolour paper, then scanned onto Mac. Collaged using Photoshop and then colour and effects added. This illo features same character as IF: Scary.

Sink – sink, sunk, sinking feeling. For this weeks IF topic only one thing came to mind – the sinking feeling of losing your main source of work (to the financial crisis) - a big shock that can knock you completely off balance and into the deep... sinking, down, down, down. Luckily all my Christmas shopping has been done so guess I'll just chill over Christmas and start looking for more work in the New Year. I should be back afloat by then...
And thankyou Illo Friday – creating this artwork made me feel sooo much better and actually pulled me out of a pending artist's block. IF is definitely worth the effort! x

Comments

  1. Gah sorry to hear that. Such a fickle industry so now crack on with your portrait commission hey? Actually she doesn't look too depressed about her plunge into he deep, in fact rather relaxed. And you have your big faces. Go stick them up somewhere I'm sure they'd sell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this! Good luck finding more work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing like a shake up to pull you out of the doldrums. Good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys - something will turn up - always does! Its definitely not all bad - falling (or sinking) into the unknown is not always a bad thing - have to land somewhere? One door closes and another opens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your skinny blonde woman! I know how you feel about loosing clients but... no pain, and don't give up! Thanks for the visit to the antipodes : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice!
    I hope things get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had that sinking feeling many times myself. I like your version of the sink illustration. Enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings from your latest follower :) Kurrajong eh, I went there once :) and only two chooks! You know they don't use the words 'chooks' in Usa? I found that out last week :D

    I hope work looks up for you. Maybe the BIG new gobbling company will see your work and get you to do more? One door opens, another door opens.

    I like this work, the faces are scary, the colour is beautiful.

    Merry Christmas! Not too much Kurrajong Chardonay at Lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment Andrew and welcome to my merry band (of followers that is)!
    Re chooks: for everyone who doesn't live in Oz, 'chook' (rhymes with book) is Australian for chicken. In fact, one of our chooks is named 'Chooky'. I'll have to dedicate a post to this...
    Re chardonay: I'm a one glass bubbly girl myself. Can't drink to save my life basically... Cheers! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahah :) Yes after one glass of bubbly I laugh a lot, then fall over :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hang in there please and thanks for posting your
    work and making me smile. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts