I Dream of Big Faces

I dream of big faces – sounds odd? Yep. For years I have gone to sleep at night dreaming of a huge studio full of big bold faces - painted on canvases, sketched on huge pieces of paper, bold, black and white, bright coloured backgrounds - I could see them clear as day. Obviously it was a dream which I have ignored for years... until now. After losing sight of who I really was for a while (and ending up immensely unhappy in the process) I have recently woke up and revived my love of drawing. The big bold faces just never gave up - the more I tried to ignore them, the more they tugged at my soul until… FINALLY I did one! SHE'S ALIVE! At least that's how it feels. Have I been asleep like Snow White or what?! That's why i have created this blog - to inspire me to keep going and post my new artworks as they emerge. 

So here's the first big face. A bit on the portraity boring side but it took me 3 days and far out did it feel good! There's other more interesting big faces coming so please keep posted...
Painted on canvas using acrylic, this portrait is a model from the drawing group I attend (used photo as reference). Size 900 x 600mm. First big painted portrait I've ever really done - very exciting! Not sure if its any good or not but hey its finished and its going in the local MTAS exhibition this weekend (scary...). 

Comments

  1. Richard Gere? It's lovely and Jeff loves his, well he hates he portrait but he's put it up as his Facebook icon so he thinks it's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! My mother thought it was Kenny Rogers...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts