Pre-Christmas Madness

I woke up at 3.30 this morning... my face felt so itchy and irritated and I needed to go to the bathroom. With eyes half closed, I looked in the mirror... ahhhh!! My face looked as if it had been stung by 1000 bees – either that or I had just been in a fight with Jeff Feneche and lost? An allergic reaction to something... can you be allergic to pre-Christmas stress? Argh... I went downstairs and took an antihystimyne (non-drowsy of course) and went back to bed to try and get some sleep. Obviously that didn't work because I then laid there for an hour and a half ish while pre-Christmas stress ran riot in my head. It was going to be a good day...

Tea. That would fix it. I got up made a cup of tea and watched the sun rise while our 4 roosters had their morning crowing competition in the background. Maybe it was going to be a good day after all?
Xmas Blues Cat - "I'm dreaming of a Meowy Christmas..."

I love Christmas in theory but it always ends up in a mad shopping panick at the last minute when the shops are packed with screaming kids and impatient people and there is so much noise and overlapping music that you feel like you are in some horrible spinning vortex... its complete overload. Too much everything. Too many options. And not enough time. Its sooo confusing... If I don't take a precise list of what I need to buy and where to get it from then I just end up coming home with a lot of impulse buys that I can't really give to anyone. What was I thinking? I wasn't. The massive headache had blocked any possible rational thoughts... Ah yes. I used to love Christmas shopping but somehow it has gotten too hard or maybe we have all just lost the plot?

Isn't Christmas supposed to be about giving and spending time with loved ones? Why can't it just be simple? It has seriously gotten out of hand. Everyone races around spending massive amounts of money they don't have - concentrated consumerism out of control. I'm just as guilty. I always start out with a clear head and a plan of how much I'm going to spend. I try to keep each gift simple and meaningful... but come Christmas Day I know I have completely blown the budget, bought a lot of crap and have that awful feeling of having forgotten to buy for someone?

But seriously, I do love Christmas. If only it could be in black and white with Nat King Cole crooning in the background and everyone dressed in their finest clothes and their hair done just so and perfectly behaved kids dressed in matching outfits and sleigh bells in the distance... oh right, thats just an old movie I watch every year.

Have a lovely Christmas anyway...  xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts