Welcome Wedding Signs!

So far, this year has been all about change, moving forward, opening doors that I would never have opened before and learning to say 'yes' to projects I would normally shy away from. Its been very scary but a little bit exciting.

Hand painted Wedding sign (900 x 600mm) for Tracy at Make the Day Events.
I designed the sign and painted the wording and my husband Steve cut and stained the wood.
Image, easel and beautiful floral arrangement by makethedayevents

In January, a neighbour asked me if I could paint her a wedding sign. My immediate reaction was heart palpitations followed by a complete confidence melt down but then, from out of the blue, I heard myself say 'Yes'. What? Who do you think you are?? An artist? A sign writer? So many questions were firing at me from inside my own head but somewhere deep down inside, my buried self esteem was telling me that I should do it. So I did. Here is the first sign I painted...

Since then I have designed and painted a couple more signs, 22 rustic table numbers plus designed a range of rustic wedding invitations all of which are now listed in my etsy shop. Its so good to be designing stuff that is appreciated and focuses on the handmade side of design rather than the 'churn it out' high pressured design (?) work I was doing last year when I worked for a magazine publisher. Its like going back to the very beginning of my career when everything was done by hand on a drawing board – back when graphic design was fun! Its so good not to be constantly stressed or trying to meet ridiculous deadlines any more.

To see more hand painted Wedding Signs or my Wedding Invitation range, go to my etsy shop:

Comments

  1. I must thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this blog. I’m hoping to view the same high-grade content by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own blog now

    custom wedding neon sign

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts