Portrait of girl in pigtails

Ok, I know its been a long time since I posted anything - SLACKO. But sometimes life just gets crazy busy and things have to be juggled around a bit. Unfortunately this meant that I haven't had as much time for my art BUT here is a portrait I painted recently...

Portrait of girl in pigtails - Painted on canvas with oils, I used a couple of photos as reference. I wanted to capture the light hitting her hair which seemed to illuminate it, as well as her face. Didn't want to get too bogged down with detail but in hind sight I wish I had spent more time on the eyes...

I have been pining to do some more painting lately but there just hasn't been enough time... soon. Soon I will get back into it - just need to juggle things around a bit more...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts